Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Sunday 31 March 2019

Getting ready for MAF orientation

This morning I went for a bit of a drive along the road north of Cairns, to visit a beach, since I probably won't be doing too much of that after I move to Mareeba next week!

Just after lunch I met up with the other new MAF people who are also staying at Treetops, and we drove out to Mareeba Baptist Church for our welcome service. It was a pretty low-key affair - a few songs, a short devotional from William Nicol, then each of us shared our testimonies, before breaking off into separate groups to be prayed for, followed by afternoon tea. It was good to recognise a number of people from my visit in January, even if I couldn't remember some of their names.

Orientation starts tomorrow and runs through to Friday. I'm looking forward to it!

The beach at Trinity Park, which I had all to myself!

MAF welcome service at Mareeba Baptist Church

View from the lookout on the drive back from Mareeba to Cairns. Treetops is on the flanks of the hill in the centre

No comments:

Post a Comment