Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Saturday 6 April 2019

Rain!


It rained and rained and rained and rained
The average fall was well-maintained
And when the tracks were simply bogs
It started raining cats and dogs.

After a drought of half an hour
We had a most refreshing shower
And then the most curious thing of all
A gentle rain began to fall.

Next day was also fairly dry
Save for the deluge from the sky
Which wetted the party to the skin
And after that the rain set in.


I first saw the poem above at a tourist attraction in Ireland, but it is pretty descriptive of the weather in Cairns this past week!

We have now finished MAF orientation, and I will be driving over to Mareeba on Monday morning. Flight standardisation training doesn't start until the following week, so I have a week for sorting things out, reading, etc.

This evening the Kiwi contingent from orientation went out for dinner together. Next week we all disperse to our various programmes - Mareeba, Arnhem Land and PNG.

The Hunts, the Pothulas and me

No comments:

Post a Comment