Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Tuesday 19 March 2019

Commissioning service

My commissioning service was held last Sunday, 17 March. This was a momentous occasion where my church 'officially' acknowledged that God has called me to serve Him through MAF and send me with their blessing. I also had the opportunity to say a few words, so I gave an update on what it is I'll be doing when I go, what God has been teaching me, and thanking key supporters. Mark Fox then shared a bit about MAF and spoke about 'Our Assignment' as Christians - which is to share the good news about Jesus with others.

The service was recorded; you can listen to it here.

We finished off with a potluck lunch, which gave everyone a bit more time to hang out and celebrate with us. It was great to have family and friends present (including some who had come all the way from Auckland!).

It was a really great time; as you will hear in the recording I was a little emotional, but that's to be expected. I think what got me the most is when Mark said, 'The time has come.' It has indeed - next Wednesday is the start of a whole new chapter in my journey.

Worship

Sharing a few words

A pretty full house!

Being prayed for by the elders, MAF staff in attendance, and my home support team

Mark Fox sharing from Acts 20:18-27

No comments:

Post a Comment