Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Thursday 28 March 2019

Arrival: Cairns

I have arrived in Cairns ahead of MAF orientation starting next week. My parents and some of my home support team came to the airport to see me off; it was good to pray together one last time (in person).

Yesterday I spent some time doing homework for line pilot standardisation, then headed out to the city to (a) buy a phone and (b) start sorting out paperwork. I wasn't able to do anything about transferring the rego for my car (more on that here) or my drivers' licence, as I don't have all the necessary documents in hand yet, but I was able to apply for Medicare. After that I went for a bit of a walk along the promenade to take everything in. This afternoon I have an appointment at the bank to collect my cards etc.

So far I'm feeling at peace about being here. I'm just taking things one day at a time at the moment, until I get to Mareeba and can establish a routine.

The promenade in Cairns

No comments:

Post a Comment