Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Sunday 24 March 2019

One last (s)trip

Greville Harbour airstrip, D'Urville Island


Last week I took a friend down to D'Urville island for a picnic lunch. The only ways to get to the island are by boat or small plane. As it turned out, we started a trend - aircraft from both Nelson and Wellington Aero Club turned up later in the day! The weather was perfect and we had a great day out.

This airstrip will always be special as it is the first real airstrip I went to. I vividly remember getting out of the plane after we landed, looking around, and thinking, 'This is what flying for MAF is going to be like!' My instructor was saying something (probably an informal debrief) but I wasn't really listening... Anyway, I digress.


Here are a couple of videos, one of me taking off and one of me landing.




No comments:

Post a Comment