Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Thursday 28 March 2019

Jehovah Jireh: God my provider

Before I left New Zealand, I was looking into where I could be a reasonably-priced second hand car. There are a few dealers in Cairns, but pickings under $5000 were pretty limited. Plus I wanted a manual...

I have been assigned a 'link family' at MAF Mareeba to help me settle in. They had told me to feel free to ask any questions. So I asked (among other things) if they knew whether anyone was selling a car - Toyota Corolla or similar (i.e. not too small, not too big), manual, max $5000. They replied no, but offered to forward my message on. Within a few hours Luke and Monica had contacted me to say they were trying to sell their Toyota Corolla, and would be staying at Treetops over the same dates that I would be!

Trading this car has been a blessing for all of us, and being able to get it sorted before coming to Cairns took a big weight off me.

On top of that, before I left NZ, my accommodation in Mareeba was all sorted (the same MAF unit I stayed in back in January), my car in NZ sold (to a family from church), and someone from work was keen to rent my house in NZ fully furnished.

This whole episode has taught me that God cares about me and He will provide whatever I need - both the big stuff, like cars and houses, and the little stuff. It's wonderful not having to worry about things!

No comments:

Post a Comment