Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Friday 5 October 2018

TSCF

Recently I was sorting through some emails to get an idea of how long, on average, each presentation takes to organise, from making first contact to actually giving it. So far, the average is around 6-8 weeks. But averages are just that - some are longer, others are shorter. In some cases, much shorter!

This week I gave a talk at TSCF (Tertiary Students' Christian Fellowship) at Victoria University of Wellington. It was great to see their enthusiasm and to be able to encourage them in their faith.

I had sent a cold-call email to the group back in July, but on 18 September when I realised that their semester finished in mid-October, I sent a quick follow-up email. Things swung into gear really quickly after that, and I actually ended up giving two talks on consecutive weeks - the first on 27 September discussing 'the conflict between science and faith' as part of an outreach event to non-Christians, and the second on 4 October sharing about MAF and my journey to get there. Both were great events - about 40 people came to the first and I am told there were lots of good discussions that ensued. About 20 people came to the second and most of them signed up for my newsletter - definitely the highest proportion so far! To any TSCF people who are reading this, a big thank you for having me and welcome to my network of supporters!

I thought 9 days was pretty quick to organise a talk, but another group has outdone that already - a string of emails today was all that was needed to arrange for me to give a presentation in exactly a week's time, on 12 October! All will be revealed as to where it is... and I'll try and remember to take some photos this time (something I forgot to do at the TSCF talks).

No comments:

Post a Comment