Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Friday 12 October 2018

Ten minutes at TradeMe

On Friday I had the opportunity to give a ten minute talk about MAF at the TradeMe head office in Wellington. This was organised in next to no time at all thanks to a friend from my badminton team who works there. People seemed to be engaged and there were quite a few questions afterwards.



My calendar is looking pretty full for the next few weeks! Between now and the end of November I'll be giving talks at the following places:
- Maungaraki Baptist, Lower Hutt, 21 Oct
- Women in Mission conference, Napier, 10 Nov
- Riverbend Bible Church, Havelock North, 11 Nov
- Olive Tree Church, Lower Hutt, 18 Nov
- An over 50s home group, Upper Hutt, 24 Nov

Plus a few more with dates to be confirmed:
- Home school family group, Lower Hutt
- Queen Street Chapel, Levin

I will also be attending my school's centenary celebrations on 26-27 October, and am planning to take plenty of information sheets to give to people.

Finally, MAF is organising a 'Touch and Go' promotional event at Paraparam from 16-18 November. They're in the process of contacting local churches and supporters to invite them to hear more about MAF and also to have the opportunity to go for a flight in the 206. I'm looking forward to meeting people with an active interest in MAF and also getting to be the pilot for some of the flights!

No comments:

Post a Comment