Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Sunday 23 September 2018

Thank you Kapiti aero club!

Another big shout-out to:


This time for their generous offer of financial support towards my first year in the field!

I've benefited hugely from the unique mix of instructors' experience, aircraft types, and courses on offer. Through the one organisation I've been able to gain my commercial licence, instrument rating, aerobatics rating, type ratings on C182 and PA18 (to go with my pre-existing C152 and C172 ratings), as well as learn some strip flying and basic mountain flying techniques. There aren't too many other aero clubs around that can offer the whole package - not to mention a great environment and camaraderie between its staff and members, as well as a strong safety culture and highly professional approach towards all their operations.

You can check out their website here: kapitiaeroclub.co.nz

With the club's contribution I am now up to 35% support, so more than a third of the way to the target that MAF International has set for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment