Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Saturday 11 July 2020

My new home

In Dili, MAF rents a number of houses. They aren't in a compound, like some of the other programmes; nor are they particularly close to each other, but they are all within 5-10 minutes' drive of the airport.

The house I've been assigned to is a 4-bedroom Timorese style house. It would normally be occupied by the programme manager* and their family. However, the outgoing programme manager left in June and the incoming one won't be arriving in country until January.

It's located directly behind the American embassy and is one block from the beach. However since my quarantine restrictions say I must stay at the house any time I am not at the airport receiving training, I haven't ventured past the front gate yet!

As one would say in Tetun, 'Hau nia uma' - this is my house.


*In MAF terminology 'programme manager' is changing to 'country director'.

Front porch

Driveway, viewed from the back of the property

Entrance/lounge

Dining room. The three closed doors lead to a guest bedroom,
office, and storage room

Master bedroom. I brought the mosquito net with me from
Mareeba; $26 is a small price to pay for peace of mind!

Ensuite off master bedroom

Hallway to kitchen, laundry and guest bathroom

Kitchen

Pantry room

Guest bathroom

Laundry, through to back door

Guest bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment