Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Friday 31 July 2020

Caz Bar, snorkelling, and first PIC ops

Here are some photos from the past week. I've decided to stop numbering the weeks and come up with more interesting post titles!

Typical traffic in Dili

Sunset from Caz Bar, Dili, where Marcus, Andy
and I went for dinner with a local expat couple

Marcus departed Dili on Monday morning. He flew our second
aircraft (pictured) to Mareeba for maintenance. Now we have
two pilots and one plane in Timor, until it can be flown back.

I don't have any photos from the flights I did - just trying to settle into the workload before I take my camera along! But I can tell you that I did 7 medevacs and 1 charter flight. Lots of children this week... two babies from Baucau and two girls from Atauro as medevac patients on Thursday; two babies and two toddlers on a charter flight to Atauro today.

I also don't have any photos from the snorkelling, because, well, it was under water and my camera wouldn't have survived. But I can tell you it was amazing! I went last weekend with the expat couple who came with us to Caz Bar. They often go out to the reef at Tasi tolu (just west of the airport). If I'm able to find a cheap camera that I can put in a ziplock bag - or even better, a waterproof one - I'll take some pictures next time for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment