Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Sunday 20 December 2020

Quarantine, days 7-9

Day 7: Cricket

A little bit of google searching enabled me to find online radio coverage of the first Black Caps T20 match against Pakistan. Ah, the sound of summer!

Online cricket coverage - Magic Talk and Cricinfo

Day 8: Pool

After waiting a whole week (yes folks, that means I'm past the halfway point!) everyone on my flight from Dili who has ended up at Howard Springs was allocated a pool session at 9:30 am. I'm not a keen swimmer but since the opportunity was there for a supervised change of scenery, I took it. As it turned out I was the only one who turned up, so I had the entire pool (complete with a lifeguard, and two nurses) to myself for 45 minutes. We have another session scheduled on day 10.

Private pool session

Day 9: Puppet

One of my 'one-off' tasks to do during quarantine was to provide a kids' talk for the Christmas services at Tablelands Presbyterian. I decided to make my puppet Gruffy sing a Christmas song, with the green tais I was given as a backdrop. It required a bit of creativity but I was really happy with the end result.

Getting creative for a Christmas service kids' talk

No comments:

Post a Comment