Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Wednesday 23 December 2020

Quarantine, days 10-12

Day 10: Rain

Being in the tropics in the wet season means we are getting rain - and sometimes lots of it.

Sometimes with the rain there is thunder too, which means that any time it rains the pool sessions are cancelled - as happened today, much to my disappointment.

A good day to stay inside and get some more work done on lesson plan preparation.


Day 11: More rain

Pretty much the same story as yesterday, except there wasn't a pool session scheduled to be cancelled. I also had my second Covid test and played the piano for a bit. The mosquitoes are loving the wet, and I'm not loving being eaten by them, so I spent as little time outside as possible.


Day 12: Laundry

In addition to a surprise pool session (I found out at breakfast time that it was on) I also did some laundry today... The machine I chose did not do a very good job on its spin cycle, so the clothes were still quite wet when I took them out and they took a long time to dry. But I am thankful for the relative freedom to do my own laundry, using a machine...

No comments:

Post a Comment