Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Tuesday 23 April 2019

Standardisation: first flight

Today was our first flying day of standardisation training - mostly general handling (turns, noting nose attitudes at various speeds and in various configurations, stalling) and a couple of circuits. My fellow trainee came along as a passenger on my flight and recorded this video of me landing back at Mareeba. Not too bad for a first go... but yes, I should have been on the centre line!

(Note: the stall warning goes off a few times in this video - it can be quite loud! But all perfectly normal at this stage in flight)




Note that the runway at Mareeba is currently around half of its usual length due to major work being undertaken (all the brown dirt in the foreground). The usable part of the runway is now 720 m.

No comments:

Post a Comment