Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Wednesday 20 February 2019

Acceptance plan

Earlier this week I received my Acceptance to Field plan. This is basically the MAF equivalent of being told, 'You are cleared for take-off''!

In a nutshell, here are the key points:
  • I will be leaving NZ sometime towards the end of March.
  • I will be attending MAF orientation from 1-5 April. This will be held at TreeTops lodge and it seems that I have already met a few of the speakers and participants!
  • Immediately after MAF orientation I will have Line Pilot Standardisation (LPS) training at Mareeba for 4 weeks. So far there are two of us on this course. LPS will ensure that we are following the MAF procedures and checklists and flying 'the MAF way'. This will most likely be done in a turbocharged GA8 Airvan
  • After I complete LPS I will start instructor rating training. This is expected to take 6-8 weeks and take us through to early July, which is when the flight training centre will have its next intake of students and I will officially start working!


Here are some of the logistics I need to get sorted between now and the end of March:
  • House renovations (bathroom, front door, garage) and prepare the house for renting out
  • Sort through all my possessions into 'take now', 'take later', 'storage', 'keep with house' and 'dispose'
  • Apply to have my NZ pilot's licence recognised in Australia
  • Finish up at work (final day 22 March)
  • Complete pre-orientation paperwork and LPS homework

No comments:

Post a Comment