Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Sunday 20 January 2019

From Lower Hutt to... Cairns

I'm writing this post from Tree Tops Lodge in Cairns, a motel jointly owned and operated by Wycliffe Bible Translators and MAF (with the primary purpose of providing affordable accommodation to mission personnel who are in transit, on furlough, or who have been relocated to Cairns for medical reasons). Tomorrow morning I'm getting picked up by a local MAF staff member and taken to Mareeba where I'll get to meet the team and start four days of assessment for my suitability to be trained as a flight instructor.

Here are some pictures from yesterday (driving up to Auckland) and today (flying to Brisbane and on to Cairns):

This is State Highway 1! (thankfully not in this condition all the time)

Fantastic weather for driving the Desert Road (Mt Ngauruhoe in the background)

They call it Tree Tops Lodge for a reason!

Coconut palms I saw whilst out for a walk

No comments:

Post a Comment