Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Thursday 8 November 2018

Out and about in Hawkes Bay

This weekend I'm in Hawkes Bay for several events. The weather forecast for the Wellington-Kapiti region was pretty bad today and even worse tomorrow, but after the low cloud cleared this morning and before the wind got really strong (forecast 50 kts at 3000 ft), I managed to take off, headed up towards Palmerston North, shot over the Manawatu gorge, and got slightly pummelled in the lee of the ranges getting to Hastings.

The 206 safely on the ground at Hastings
Tomorrow (Friday) Mandy from the MAF office will arrive and between us we'll be holding an open time at the aero club for people to come and talk to us and look at the plane. There is also the possibility of taking some people for a scenic flight, but it will depend on the weather conditions - if it's too lumpy (like it was today) then we might call it off.

On Saturday I'm speaking at the Women in Mission Hawkes Bay conference. This event is held every year and features a range of presenters, both veteran missionaries and newbies like me.

Finally, on Sunday I'll be giving a short presentation at Riverbend Bible Church, before flying back to Paraparam in the afternoon.

Raewyn from my home support team is being my taxi driver/tour guide/personal assistant :) I really appreciate her willingness to help and her local knowledge - it means I can focus on the presentations and not have to worry about all the logistics as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment