Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Thursday 15 November 2018

Hawkes Bay weekend

I'll be honest, when the invitation came to take part in a missions conference in Hawkes Bay for the weekend I had the 206 in Paraparam, I didn't really want to go. I'd waited for months to have the plane available to take my Wellington-based supporters for flights that weekend! But after discussing with my home support team, I reluctantly agreed to accept. However, it turned out to be an awesome time of connecting with people, and I'm really glad I went. When I was flying back on Sunday afternoon and reflecting on everything that had taken place, it didn't take much to see God's hand at work in the background bringing everything together in a way that far surpassed my original intentions. As always, His plan is the best and we would be wise to seek it out!

I want to thank everyone who hosted me - Paul and Elaine for their hospitality, the Women in Missions Hawkes Bay committee for inviting me to speak at their conference, and Riverbend Bible Church for allowing me to speak and arranging to meet with the missions committee over lunch. Everyone gave me a very warm welcome and I was greatly encouraged by the different conversations I had with a number of people.

Here are a few photos to sum up the various events:

Ready with a banner at the Women in Missions conference

Speaking at the Women in Missions conference

A quickly organised 'show and tell' with the plane

Giving a presentation at Riverbend Bible Church

No comments:

Post a Comment