Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Saturday 7 November 2020

Getting creative

About 5-6 weeks ago I gave up on dealing with issues with the water pump at the house I was at, and given there was another MAF house that was vacant, asked if I could move there.

The last 2 weeks there have been water pump issues at the new house too. (Maybe it's me? or maybe it's just Timor...) Thankfully the garden tap is working, so there was no need to go in to work to fill up water containers. But I don't have the strength to carry enough water inside the house to do a load of laundry, for instance.

On Friday I had the day off work so decided to take matters into my own hands. I realised it's not the bucket showers, but not having running water inside the house, that is doing my head in.

From the garden tap...

...through the garden...

...past the back door...

...in the cat flap...

...through the laundry...

...into the kitchen...

...running water in the sink

Cost:
30 m garden hose   $16.50
2x hose connectors  $1.20
Hose sprayer    $3.50
Total            $21.20

A small price to pay for my sanity!

(Postscript: the landlord replaced the water pump the following day, so all the taps, toilet and shower are now working again. But I've left the hose in situ just in case.)

No comments:

Post a Comment