Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Friday 13 November 2020

Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei is one of Dili's major landmarks. It is a statue of Jesus gifted to the people of Timor by the Indonesian government. ('Cristo Rei' means 'Christ the King').

Since I had the day off on Thursday, I thought I would pay a visit. Although I'd been to the car park a couple of times, I had never walked the path all the way up to the statue. It was also an opportunity to go for a bike ride somewhere that I was a little bit familiar with.

Typical fishing boat, with Cristo Rei in the distance (left)

Nearly at the car park... Beautiful clear beaches

Cristo Rei statue

View from the statue back to Dili

Fish market a few blocks from my house

No comments:

Post a Comment