Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Saturday 24 June 2023

Wantok

The Wantok is a weekly Tok Pisin newspaper. Each week, MAF is donated around 100 copies to take to bush communities. Recently the Wantok asked if we could send them pictures of people reading the paper, so on a trip to Hesalibi, I did...

The coronation of King Charles clearly puts a date on this photograph!

Wantok was so happy with the photo that they published it on the front page!

Wantok i kamap long Hesalibi!
(Wantok arrives at Hesalibi)

Last week I had another trip to Hesalibi and I made sure to take copies of the paper.

I attempted to recreate the original photograph...

Everyone wanted to have a look...

One man was a little perturbed though. He looked at all the newspapers I had brought and said, 'Can you bring other newspapers? These are all the same...'

No comments:

Post a Comment