Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Thursday 15 June 2023

Party time

It was my birthday recently and my compound neighbours helped celebrate. There was also a Big Surprise planned, although it didn't quite come together in time so we had to re-stage it after the event. But it was worth it!

Jess had sent me a message earlier in the week: 'Will you fly over the house this afternoon? If yes I'll try listen out and we will come wave at you!' Little did I know, she had prepared a big sign (a painted message on a bedsheet acquired from one of the many local second-hand stores) and in the three days leading up to my birthday had been laying it out on the grass. However, my flight routes were all in the opposite direction, so she had to resort to Plan B, which was to ask other pilots to take a picture when they flew overhead. A couple of them tried but the pictures were blurry or from the wrong angle. So then she resorted to Plan C, which meant that I was greeted on the morning of my birthday with this view:

That day we got the compound ready for an ice cream sundae bar karaoke evening!

Kids and adults alike are excited about ice cream

Al fresco karaoke

 

On the Monday I was flying a route that would definitely take me over town. So Jess put the sign out one more time...


It was worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment