Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Thursday 28 May 2020

Douglas Track

I had a free Saturday afternoon and an urge to go for a bush walk, so decided to go to Speewah and explore one of the tracks a bit further.

The Douglas Track links Speewah (just north of Kuranda) with Cairns at Stoney Creek. The information sign said it was just under 8 km long and would take 4-6 hrs one way. I think it took me about 6 hrs return, including a 30 minute lunch stop at Glacier Rock.

It would seem lots of people from Cairns walk up this track to Glacier Rock and then back down, which explains why there have always been people there when I've been there but seen hardly anyone on the track.

At some point in the future I'm planning to go down the Douglas Track and up the Smith Track - about 18 km round trip.

Anyway, here are some photos!

The tree at the Glacier Rock lookout provided some shelter from a brief rain shower

Passing power pylons coming down Red Bluff.
Reminded me a little of Belmont Regional Park...

Steps down to the Kuranda railway overpass

Big shady tree

No comments:

Post a Comment