Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Saturday 22 December 2018

Recent flying events

It's been a while since I shared any flying-related photos - anyone might think I haven't been doing much!

In actual fact there have been a couple of things worth posting about:

Last weekend I flew the gliding club's towplane from Kaitoke up to Feilding to finish my glider tow training and get the rating signed off.

Today we had the Kapiti aero club Christmas BBQ and prizegiving. To my surprise I was awarded the cup for airmanship, in recognition for the various things I've done to prepare myself for MAF. It was a real honour.

Aircraft at Manawatu Gliding Club, Feilding. CIG is their towplane (a Piper Pawnee).
I did my rating in our Piper Cub, BRP. A little less power, but still does the job.

Receiving the cup for airmanship from Kapiti Aero Club CFI, John Harwood

No comments:

Post a Comment