Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Tuesday 29 May 2018

MAF NZ recruitment retreat

In February MAF NZ held a weekend retreat in Tauranga for people interested in finding out more about working for MAF. It was great to hear about how MAF is organised and how it operates internationally, as well as to hear personal stories from a number of people who have served with MAF in different parts of the world. Throughout the weekend my sense of peace that this is what God is calling me to just grew and grew. It was humbling to share my own journey with other people and see them encouraged by my testimony.

A highlight of the weekend was getting to fly ZK-MAF again. As it turned out, Kapiti aero club decided to organise a multi-day trip to the Bay of Plenty on the exact same weekend. They arrived at Tauranga on the Saturday afternoon, at the same time our group was there for trial flights. Since I had been signed off with a type rating when I did the flight assessment a month earlier, I was allowed to go by myself with some aero club passengers.

Although it was only a short flight - about half an hour - it is one that will always bring a big smile to my face, because one of those passengers was my instructor Ben. It wasn't so much to impress him with the aircraft (although he was impressed), but to share a tangible bit of MAF with him as a thank-you.

No comments:

Post a Comment