Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Tuesday 11 October 2022

Kumul lodge

Last weekend there was a group trip organised to Kumul Lodge, about an hour's drive west of Mt Hagen and known for bird watching. Despite having only arrived back in Hagen the day before, I decided to go. Although there were about 30 of us, the birds near the lodge didn't seem to mind, which was good!

I don't know the names of any of the birds so have just given them my own descriptions :)

Stunning scenery en route

This bird's red face...

...turns yellow after it's eaten

These green parrots were hard to spot until they came to eat


The iridescent colours of this bird reminded me of a tui

Long tail feathers

Even longer tail feathers!

It was fascinating to watch these birds eat with their long, curved beaks.
They would pull off a piece of fruit, toss it in the air and swallow it.

Not a bird...

After our bird watching we enjoyed breakfast at the lodge

No comments:

Post a Comment