Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Thursday 29 July 2021

Caravan training

I'm currently in the thick of the MAF Cessna Caravan training course - 4 days of ground school and (starting on Monday) around 7 days (10-12 hrs) of flying. We were told at the start of the course that other operators tend to make their courses much shorter - maybe 1-2 days of ground school and 2-3 hours of flying. Because of the environments where MAF flies they see it as a worthwhile investment in their pilots to spend a bit more time and go a bit deeper at the initial training stage.

Ground course

'Here's one I prepared earlier...' - looking at engine components in
the other MAF PNG Caravan currently in the hangar for an overhaul

My new trusty steed


My first experience starting the engine and taxiing

No comments:

Post a Comment