Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Thursday 14 January 2021

Back to instructing

 After two weeks of quarantine in Darwin and a week and a half settling back into life in Mareeba, I hit the ground running (well, maybe not moving that quickly) last week to get ready for my flight instructor rating renewal check flight. The plan was also for me to get the 'design feature training endorsement' added to the rating, which entailed putting together an hour-long briefing on manual propeller pitch control and then delivering a flight lesson in an aircraft equipped with said design feature.

I had the flight check/test on Tuesday and thought it went pretty well, all things considered! I definitely felt a bit rusty on several levels: flying from the right hand seat, flying the C182 - not surprising since for the last six months I've been flying an Airvan from the left hand seat - and giving instruction at the same time. So there is room for improvement :)

With examiner Marcus Grey after completing the flight

Our new students will be on site for orientation/induction on Friday 22 January, so from that point on I'll be pretty busy. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment