Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Sunday 27 September 2020

Letefoho by bicycle

Last weekend Catharina and I joined a group of riders on an overnight cycling trip to the village of Letefoho. I've flown past it many times as it lies close to the track we take to get to Suai, so I was interested to see what it was like to get there by ground - and under our own steam!

Aerial view of Letefoho

Day 1    Aileu to Letefoho
43.1 km
1590 m climb, 1244 m descent
9 h 47 total

Getting a lift to the top of the first big hill out of Dili

Arriving at Aileu

Market at Aileu

Road from Aileu to Hoholau

Hoholau (after nearly taking a wrong turn)

Hatulia

Arriving in Letefoho

My 'Timor tan'

Sunset colours from Letefoho

Day 2    Letefoho to Dili
68.9 km
930 m climb, 2389 m descent
6 h 26 total

The crew prior to departing Letefoho

Keen riders taking the harder route (right); Catharina and I turned left

Approaching Gleno from the south

For more pictures of Gleno, see this post.

Last kios (small shop) before the big downhill back to Dili

No comments:

Post a Comment