Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Wednesday 17 June 2020

Happy birthday

Last week I entered my 5th decade. I don't really feel any different.

The original plan to celebrate my birthday was that my family were going to come over to Sydney and I would fly down to meet them there and spend a long weekend with them. However due to Covid travel restrictions that had to be cancelled postponed.
My best friend had also planned to come over in July and we were going to have a 3 week holiday campervanning from Darwin around the Kakadu area and across to the Kimberley. That's also been put on hold for now.

Jesus said in Mark 10:29-30, "I tell you the truth, no-one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields - and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life."

And so I was able to celebrate my birthday with my MAF family instead.

On the day

Cake at morning tea

Dinner with the Thompsons and Hitchins


Last Saturday

The Littles hosted a small party culminating in a soiree where I played some of my favourite piano pieces and performed some duets with Andy on flute. Two of these we have been working on for about a year. I really enjoyed it and from the sounds of it so did everyone else!

Clair de Lune - Debussy

Jazz waltz - Rutter

Sonata BWV 1031 - Bach

No comments:

Post a Comment