Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Monday 16 March 2020

First bush walk of the season

We're in the tail end of the wet season, but the daytime temperatures have been noticeably less than in January/February, when the thought of going for a day walk was put to bed almost straightaway.

After church last week I decided to go for a short walk up Yabi Mountain, near Atherton. I had done it once last year and preferred the view compared to that from nearby Mount Baldy.

I have a list of walks I'd like to do this season, so hopefully I can make a start on the rest of them now!

Lookout from Yabi Mountain over Atherton and the tablelands

This flying beetle was about 5 cm long. I first noticed the tiger stripes,
then the bright green legs and body!

There were a few of these butterflies around

Tiny yellow butterflies - the wings were about the size of my thumbnail

No comments:

Post a Comment