Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Thursday 16 May 2019

Stoney Creek and Mount Baldy

The weekend before last I went for a walk at Stoney Creek. I was under the trees 99% of the time so it was very pleasant.

The aptly-named Stoney Creek - the photo doesn't do it justice.
This was the spot where I stopped for lunch - the trees were so high, it felt like a cathedral

Huge trees and tree-huggers

View of Cairns from 'Glacier Rock' (Mt Whitfield in the centre)

I saw some more critters while I was there...

Cruiser butterfly

Skink

My first snake! According to the google, it's a non-venomous common tree snake


Last weekend I walked up Mount Baldy, behind Atherton, with some other MAF people. The view was well worth the effort!

View of Atherton from Mount Baldy

No comments:

Post a Comment