Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Friday 3 May 2019

Critters and crooners

I've been collecting some pictures of local fauna... time to share them!

Gecko on the ceiling in my house

Skink seen on my walk at Walsh's Pyramid

Well-camouflaged grasshopper seen at Walsh's Pyramid. It tried to fool me by
swaying back and forth, but there was no wind...

Spider that had taken up residence on an MAF plane. It was huge! (the rivets are about 4 cm apart)

North Queensland day moth, also seen at Walsh's Pyramid. After landing they would turn anticlockwise to face downwards - every time!


Red-tailed black cockatoos, seen at Kurrimine Beach

Sulphur-crested cockatoo at a local park (not too hard to photograph - they are everywhere)

'Kookaburra sits on the electric wire...'

Rainbow lorikeets in a tree over the back fence. Also function as a 6:30am alarm clock

Why no snakes, you may ask? Because I haven't seen one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment