Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Sunday 14 April 2019

Settling in

At one point in time, this past week was supposed to have been the start of standardisation training. However, both of the key instructors were required to be in PNG, so standardisation has been delayed and starts tomorrow. That gave me some breathing space to continue reading, memorising check lists and emergency drills, looking up what various acronyms mean, and generally get settled in. This included going into the Department of Transport office to (finally!) get the car registered and my driver's licence transferred.

Yesterday (Saturday) I did what apparently everyone else in Mareeba was doing: visiting the market, which is on once a month. Offerings ranged from fresh fruit and veges from local farmers, food stalls, craft stalls, clothes, plants, second hand books and other stuff. In the afternoon I drove to Cairns to inspect a digital piano, which turned into a purchase of a digital piano. I think you could say it was a good day!

Mareeba markets

Barron Falls (at Kuranda, about 20 minutes' drive from Mareeba)

No comments:

Post a Comment