Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Monday 21 January 2019

Brand new Cessna Caravans at Mareeba

Since Mareeba is home to the MAF heavy engineering base responsible for maintenance on aircraft operating in Papua New Guinea (PNG), Arnhem Land, Timor-Leste and Bangladesh, the brand-new Cessna Caravans that are heading to PNG this year are currently here, being refitted for MAF operations.

After my assessments for today were finished, I had the opportunity to sit in 'row 2' while one of the engineers was signed off by a flight instructor to be able to taxi the aircraft and perform ground engine tests. The engine makes a lovely sound and hopefully it won't be too long before I'll get to fly one myself!

Getting ready to take the Caravan for some taxiing practise

Engineer John and instructor Andy performing checks before starting the engine


You know the plane is heading for PNG when the passenger
briefing card is written in Tok Pisin (Pidgin English)

A very impressive aircraft!

No comments:

Post a Comment