Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Sunday 19 January 2020

Visiting Ingham


Ingham is a town about 3 hrs' drive south of Cairns. According to my dad it's named after a distant relation who moved to the area from England in the 1870s. Anyway since I had Friday off and was going to be heading down to Cairns for my annual pilot medical check, I thought I'd continue on down and spend a couple of days checking it out.

Apart from the name it's pretty much like every other small Queensland town... but it certainly was weird seeing 'my' name everywhere!

Driving through Innisfail.
Somebody should tell them it's time to take their Christmas decorations down!

Mangroves and Hinchinbrook Island

Wallaman Falls, about an hour's drive from Ingham.
The tallest single-drop waterfall in Australia (268 m)

A rainbow in the waterfall

Main street in Ingham

Tropical weather driving back to Mareeba

No comments:

Post a Comment