Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Friday 16 August 2019

Granite Gorge

I had another FMD (fatigue management day) on Friday so decided to tick another item off my bucket list and go camping overnight at Granite Gorge. It's only 15 minutes from Mareeba and features walking trails and a native population of tame rock wallabies. At the reception area there are also various birds and reptiles - cockatoos, parrots, peacocks, chickens, monitor lizards, goannas etc. The campsite facilities are well-equipped too. I really enjoyed my visit!

View from the top of the gorge
Clambering over big and small(er) rocks on the trails
Water hole in the gorge part of the trail
Campsite
Lots of wildlife to greet everyone!
Mama and baby rock wallabies

Aww what a cute face!

No comments:

Post a Comment