Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Friday 21 June 2019

Visitors

There have been a few visitors come through MAF Mareeba over the last couple of weeks.

On Friday 14th we had Mark Fox and the MAF NZ board drop in, and a BBQ for all the NZ staff working in Cairns and Mareeba on the Sunday. This was the first time I had met some of them (since I haven't been to the Cairns office yet).

Last Thursday 20th was a special celebratory event for the MAF Australia & MAF NZ alumni (former staff). About 80 people came to see the facilities at Mareeba and seemed to enjoy themselves. I wasn't able to participate much as I was busy delivering a lesson and going for a flight as part of my instructor rating training, but it was encouraging to see so many people who have gone on before and paved the way for what we are doing in MAF today.


In other news this week, I scored 92% in the PIRC exam (principles of instruction).

No comments:

Post a Comment