Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Thursday 30 May 2019

Arnhem Land safari (2)

I had the weekend in Nhulunbuy: went for a walk on Saturday morning and spent the rest of the day studying for my instructor's rating, then on Sunday tagged along with my host person for church and visiting some Yolngu families whom she knew. More study on Monday and Tuesday, along with a training flight of my own (learning how to fly the aeroplane from the right-hand seat). The students really enjoyed their time with their MAF host families out in the different outstations.

Then on Wednesday it was time to start the long, long journey home!

Old MAF hangar at Gove airport - now used as storage, while the offices are used for MAF passenger services

New MAF hangar at Gove airport - used for maintenance

Stopping at Gan Gan airstrip on our way back

Airstrip and community at Balma, Arnhem Land

Overtaking one of the other students

Refuelling at Burketown, our overnight stop

The crew back at Mareeba - me, Dave, Marcus, Tali and Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment