Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Tuesday 26 July 2022

Western Province weather

It's the south-easterly season in PNG, which means wet season in the Western Province, where I'm currently flying. Wet season means lots of clouds, both high and low, and rain. Here are some pictures of what it's like to fly in these conditions:

Flying at 10,000' over layers of broken cloud.
Dark patches indicate holes through which we can descend.

Descending through such a hole

Flying at low level - line of showers

Landing at Kawito under low cloud, before the rain arrives!

Balimo airstrip in rain

1 comment:

  1. Not for me Briget I'd rather walk but flying is the only way.Those holes in the clouds look a bit small but I understand that your love of flying and your learning skills and your love of serving our Savior is it's own blessing.you are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete