Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Tuesday 22 June 2021

Arnhem Land ferry flight

Yesterday I got to do another ferry flight to Arnhem Land, this time in GA8 VH-MQO. This aircraft had previously been based in Timor Leste so it was nice to 'complete the set' and add its rego to my pilot logbook!

As usual, although the route was the same as previous flights, the views and weather were different. Last time I had to make some fairly significant deviations around towering cumulus; this time I nearly went blind looking for a cloud! (They don't call it the dry season for nothing, I guess.)

My trusty steed

150 kg of rather bulky cargo

View out the right window

View out the left window

Dendritic patterns in the salt flats

Flying lower gives a completely different view

Limmen Bight River

Until the last 45 minutes approaching Gove,
these were the most clouds I had seen all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment