Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Saturday 9 November 2019

Kahlpahlim Rock

Last Friday (on my scheduled day off) I went for a day walk up to Kahlpahlim Rock (Lamb's Head), the highest point in the Lamb Range, which lies between Mareeba and Cairns. I took the 'ridge track' up and back; it took 2 hrs to get to the top and about the same to get down, including a highly worthwhile detour to the top of the rock.

I would definitely do this walk again!

Going up the ridge track, passing an area where the grass had been burned

Just when you think you're nearly at the top...

Looking out over Lake Morris, Cairns and the coast

Kahlpahlim Rock

A rather low Davies Creek (it is the end of the dry season, after all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment