Follow my journey as I serve as a pilot with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Papua New Guinea.

Wednesday 5 December 2018

Timing is everything


Here's an observation that came from a presentation I gave to a local church youth group recently. (This wasn’t so much of a promotional thing for MAF but sharing with them about what I’ve learned and experienced of God and how He is calling me to join MAF.) I mentioned how, if I’d gone to aviation college straight from school and got my CPL then, I could have been flying for MAF for 15 years by now. Yet that time has not been wasted, because I have learned more, experienced more, and met more people than I would have otherwise. Similarly at the moment there has been a delay with me heading to the field – at one point September 2018 was the aim, then April 2019, and now (as I was just informed last week) nobody really knows [1]. One of the kids came up to me afterwards and said, ‘If you had been flying for MAF already, you wouldn’t have been here to speak to us tonight.’ What she said was absolutely true. None of us know who we are going to meet, or whose life we will have an impact on. Regarding my placement at MAF, I know that God’s timing is perfect, and I don’t want to rush ahead of Him. And in the meantime, there are people He wants me to meet and help and inspire. The same is true for each of us, so my encouragement to you is to look out for those opportunities!


[1] I'll update everyone regarding this when I am able to. I've been told that there are a number of issues that MAF International needs to sort out before they can assign me to a programme. Basically, I have been accepted, so it is just a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment